Eating: Going Raw-ish. (Day 1)


So previously, I attempted a raw vegan detox. It went fairly well, aside from the fact that juice is a good way to go broke. With the onset of spring and some fairly poor eating choices lately, I have decided that going 1/2 raw is absolutely achievable.

To kick it off, I give you my recipe for yummy thai lettuce wraps.

The most important part is the sauce. Mine is fairly straight forward.
- 6 T natural raw peanut butter
- Juice of 1 lemon or 2 limes
- 2 T soy sauce
- 1 T raw agave nectar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5" grated ginger

Put in food processor and blend.

For the rolls themselves,

Use a nice piece of lettuce as your wrap, and fill it full of goodness.
In this case, I tossed shredded green cabbage and my sauce, layers sliced mango and grated carrots, avocado, and finally some fresh basil and cilantro.